As before apple started their event at 10:00 AM san Francisco time, with their lion and iCloud sign all over the place.
Steve jobs hit the stage with a small intro on what we are going to see today; of course we never miss the statics on users and how many Mac on worldwide.
First with the king, the lion over 250 new features. Multi-Touch Gestures:
- Tap: to zoom
- Two finger swiping
Just like the iOS devices.
Mission control, is great for laptop user when you don’t have the space or the money to add a extra screen, so when you have a lot of apps running and you need to quick jump or monitor then with some finger movement and you are over with it.
Full screen apps: now you can play/read just like you ipad and iphone.
Photo booth: with the face deduction you can add effects to you face and record you video at the same time, so its like a quick video effect.
and safari tabbed browser.
2. Mac App Store:
As a start the Mac app store is the first online store for people to buy whatever they like to.
- It will be built into lion
- And with a push notifications
Now for the apps that they are going to have in is:
- Lunchpad: you can lunch your apps like never before faster than before.
- Resume: we you close an app or a software you can lunch it where ever you stopped last time, just a click away (that going to save us time).
- Auto save: its auto what can I say more.
- AirDrop: it’s like a torrent where you can share your files peer to peer over wireless connection.
- NEW Mail: new Icon design/ and new UI that looks just like the ipad design with the columns on & of course faster better search.
And other 200 new features that you will discover, now its going to be available July only online store and for 30 $ (dame that’s cheap). But the question will it be pre-installed for new Macs??
The usually statics over 200 Million iOS devices sold, 15B songs/130B iBooks & 90,000 apps etc.
10 key features:
- Notifications: YES at last you can subscribe to newspapers and magazines, see you sms and calendars o the lock screen. So whenever you get a notification it will show up just like BB, with the app running too.
- More twitter integration: with Pics and tags etc.
- New camera bottoms: one is on the lock screen short-cut, two volume-up works to take pics.
- Fonts: you can play with the message fonts and search the messages faster (flag messages) now just like the mail.
- New ipad keyboard grip where you can break the keyboard to two half just like windows 8.
- PC Free?!: whenever I buy a new iOS device I have to sync it to iTune and then start working with it but now! Whenever you buy a device you will have a welcome screen and you are on to go. But that not it your iOs device can update/delta itself without a wire to the computer but over Wi-Fi. and Wireless TV mirror.
- Game Center: NEW – Achievement points
- Friend discovery
- Friends of friends (see them)
- Game discovery
- Turn-based games
- And game downloading without going to the app store
8. iMessages: new service between iOS users ipad to iPhone or any way you like, 3G or wi-fi.
9. And 10. Is all in point one, because they are the same.
Now the iOS 5 will be available for developers today, as for us guys it’s THIS FALL.
Now to make iCloud simple, if you download a music or have a document/photo that is on your iPad but you went to work and you ipad is at home will with cloud and its auto sync you will have it on your iPhone the same second that you saved it/bought/took it on your
ipad..this works for mail/cal/messages/photo/iTune and documents. All of this will be FREE (5GB only for mail and documents). Now what do you do if you want to download the same app to your mac and iPad/iPhone/apple TV, again with iCloud you can download all of them at the same time (how cool is that).
Finally you can try the iCloud for iTune only now for us, as for developers you can try the iCloud with the full features now.
Going to the end with the “One More Thing”
5. iTune Match: where you can match up your ripped CD’s with iTune/upload songs that’s 256kbps AAC. All of this will be just for 24.99$.
And to wrap everything up steve jobs showed us the place that the cloud will be stating in, with millions of storage devices and servers, and “eco-friendly but a modern data center”-steve jobs.
The Event started with clapping hands and ended up with too.
2. http://www.engadget.com/ (for Photos)
BY: Fatma Alyousuf